Director put in charge of Olympic Park in Stratford
The company overseeing the Olympic Park has appointed a director to oversee operations, including concerts and festivals at London’s newest public space.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company has recruited Mark Camley as director of park operations
as the site is taking shape for this summer’s Olympics and for the community after the Games. Mr Camley will be responsible for running around 250 acres of open space on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, featuring waterways, public spaces, and parklands.
His role includes ensuring the park’s transport connections, maintenance and events work smoothly.
One of first major projects will be to oversee the opening of the capital’s newest public space, the South Plaza, sitting between the Stadium and the Aquatics Centre, which will have a visitor centre and space for festivals, concerts and other attractions.
Mr Camley joins the Legacy Company from the Royal Park’s Agency, where he was chief executive for the past six and a half years.
He said: “This is an extraordinary time to be joining as plans for park takes shape. To be part of one of Europe’s largest regeneration project is a great opportunity. I want to create a park that is loved by local communities and is visited again and again.”
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 6 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
At The Royal Parks Agency he oversaw some of London’s most significant events such as the Royal Wedding, Live 8, and Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park.