Director put in charge of Olympic Park in Stratford
The company overseeing the Olympic Park has appointed a director to oversee operations, including concerts and festivals at London’s newest public space.
The Olympic Park Legacy Company has recruited Mark Camley as director of park operations
as the site is taking shape for this summer’s Olympics and for the community after the Games. Mr Camley will be responsible for running around 250 acres of open space on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, featuring waterways, public spaces, and parklands.
His role includes ensuring the park’s transport connections, maintenance and events work smoothly.
One of first major projects will be to oversee the opening of the capital’s newest public space, the South Plaza, sitting between the Stadium and the Aquatics Centre, which will have a visitor centre and space for festivals, concerts and other attractions.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Camley joins the Legacy Company from the Royal Park’s Agency, where he was chief executive for the past six and a half years.
He said: “This is an extraordinary time to be joining as plans for park takes shape. To be part of one of Europe’s largest regeneration project is a great opportunity. I want to create a park that is loved by local communities and is visited again and again.”
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
At The Royal Parks Agency he oversaw some of London’s most significant events such as the Royal Wedding, Live 8, and Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park.