Discover what lies beneath at East End wildlife event
WILDLIFE watchers can see what lurks beneath the surface of the East End s rivers at a Thames21 discovery session tomorrow (Thursday). The Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day will take place on Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow from 11am-3pm and participan
WILDLIFE watchers can see what lurks beneath the surface of the East End's rivers at a Thames21 discovery session tomorrow (Thursday).
The Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day will take place on Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow from 11am-3pm and participants can find out more about the creatures that live in, on and around the River Lea, Bow Creek, Three Mills Wall River and the Prescott Channel.
The event, organised by environmental charity Thames21, will include using an underwater camera to explore what lives under the water.
The meeting point is Riverside Green, near Three Mills Lane, Bromley-by-Bow. Contact Aimee Felus on 07554 402 727 to book a place.
Thames21 works with thousands of volunteers every year to clean up waterside grot-spots, remove graffiti and create new habitats for wildlife.
The next Thames21 clean up will be to clear up litter from the foreshore at the Isle of Dogs from 9-11.30am on Friday, April 30 by Millwall Dock in Westferry Road. Contact Ben Fenton on 07920 230 970.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 5 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Shoreditch Park Academy officially opens its doors
- 9 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 10 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
Everyone is welcome and Wellington boots, gloves and socks will be provided.
For more information visit www.thames21.org.uk.