Discover what lies beneath at East End wildlife event
WILDLIFE watchers can see what lurks beneath the surface of the East End s rivers at a Thames21 discovery session tomorrow (Thursday). The Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day will take place on Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow from 11am-3pm and participan
WILDLIFE watchers can see what lurks beneath the surface of the East End's rivers at a Thames21 discovery session tomorrow (Thursday).
The Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day will take place on Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow from 11am-3pm and participants can find out more about the creatures that live in, on and around the River Lea, Bow Creek, Three Mills Wall River and the Prescott Channel.
The event, organised by environmental charity Thames21, will include using an underwater camera to explore what lives under the water.
The meeting point is Riverside Green, near Three Mills Lane, Bromley-by-Bow. Contact Aimee Felus on 07554 402 727 to book a place.
You may also want to watch:
Thames21 works with thousands of volunteers every year to clean up waterside grot-spots, remove graffiti and create new habitats for wildlife.
The next Thames21 clean up will be to clear up litter from the foreshore at the Isle of Dogs from 9-11.30am on Friday, April 30 by Millwall Dock in Westferry Road. Contact Ben Fenton on 07920 230 970.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
Everyone is welcome and Wellington boots, gloves and socks will be provided.
For more information visit www.thames21.org.uk.