Discover what lies beneath at East End wildlife event
WILDLIFE watchers can see what lurks beneath the surface of the East End s rivers at a Thames21 discovery session tomorrow (Thursday). The Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day will take place on Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow from 11am-3pm and participan
WILDLIFE watchers can see what lurks beneath the surface of the East End's rivers at a Thames21 discovery session tomorrow (Thursday).
The Waterway Wildlife Discovery Day will take place on Three Mills Island in Bromley-by-Bow from 11am-3pm and participants can find out more about the creatures that live in, on and around the River Lea, Bow Creek, Three Mills Wall River and the Prescott Channel.
The event, organised by environmental charity Thames21, will include using an underwater camera to explore what lives under the water.
The meeting point is Riverside Green, near Three Mills Lane, Bromley-by-Bow. Contact Aimee Felus on 07554 402 727 to book a place.
You may also want to watch:
Thames21 works with thousands of volunteers every year to clean up waterside grot-spots, remove graffiti and create new habitats for wildlife.
The next Thames21 clean up will be to clear up litter from the foreshore at the Isle of Dogs from 9-11.30am on Friday, April 30 by Millwall Dock in Westferry Road. Contact Ben Fenton on 07920 230 970.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Everyone is welcome and Wellington boots, gloves and socks will be provided.
For more information visit www.thames21.org.uk.