DLR commuter snaps first prize with East India’ sunset in the snow
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer. The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer.
The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands as seen from the rail network.
The winning shot is his Magical view at East India station taken in Poplar during last month’s snow.
“This shot is one of my favourites taken as the sun was setting on a snowy afternoon, as a train approaches East India station,” he explains. “I commute on the DLR and work near a dock, so I’ve been lucky to capture some special moments en route to work.”
You may also want to watch:
It won him a snazzy E-P1 Olympus camera with a 14-42mm lens.
Luke likes to find unique viewpoints on a city and his dream is to photograph Tokyo.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Second place in the over-16s category went to Chris Mansfield for his image of the famous Woolwich Ferry with the Docklands skyline, 02 Arena and Thames Barrier in the background.
Winner of the under 16s who also gets an Olympus was 12-year-old Harvey Dimond for his Tower Bridge from the Southbank, while second place went to Hanna Begum for her Christmas Trees at Canary Wharf.