DLR commuter snaps first prize with East India’ sunset in the snow
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer. The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer.
The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands as seen from the rail network.
The winning shot is his Magical view at East India station taken in Poplar during last month’s snow.
“This shot is one of my favourites taken as the sun was setting on a snowy afternoon, as a train approaches East India station,” he explains. “I commute on the DLR and work near a dock, so I’ve been lucky to capture some special moments en route to work.”
You may also want to watch:
It won him a snazzy E-P1 Olympus camera with a 14-42mm lens.
Luke likes to find unique viewpoints on a city and his dream is to photograph Tokyo.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Second place in the over-16s category went to Chris Mansfield for his image of the famous Woolwich Ferry with the Docklands skyline, 02 Arena and Thames Barrier in the background.
Winner of the under 16s who also gets an Olympus was 12-year-old Harvey Dimond for his Tower Bridge from the Southbank, while second place went to Hanna Begum for her Christmas Trees at Canary Wharf.