DLR commuter snaps first prize with East India’ sunset in the snow
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer. The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer.
The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands as seen from the rail network.
The winning shot is his Magical view at East India station taken in Poplar during last month’s snow.
“This shot is one of my favourites taken as the sun was setting on a snowy afternoon, as a train approaches East India station,” he explains. “I commute on the DLR and work near a dock, so I’ve been lucky to capture some special moments en route to work.”
You may also want to watch:
It won him a snazzy E-P1 Olympus camera with a 14-42mm lens.
Luke likes to find unique viewpoints on a city and his dream is to photograph Tokyo.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
Second place in the over-16s category went to Chris Mansfield for his image of the famous Woolwich Ferry with the Docklands skyline, 02 Arena and Thames Barrier in the background.
Winner of the under 16s who also gets an Olympus was 12-year-old Harvey Dimond for his Tower Bridge from the Southbank, while second place went to Hanna Begum for her Christmas Trees at Canary Wharf.