DLR commuter snaps first prize with East India’ sunset in the snow
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer. The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands
HE’S a mere snap of a 16-year-old, but East London commuter Luke Agbaimoni has already come out on top as a scene-stealing photographer.
The young City office worker has snapped first prize in a commuters’ photo contest when DLR challenged passengers to capture “the pulse and personality” of Docklands as seen from the rail network.
The winning shot is his Magical view at East India station taken in Poplar during last month’s snow.
“This shot is one of my favourites taken as the sun was setting on a snowy afternoon, as a train approaches East India station,” he explains. “I commute on the DLR and work near a dock, so I’ve been lucky to capture some special moments en route to work.”
It won him a snazzy E-P1 Olympus camera with a 14-42mm lens.
Luke likes to find unique viewpoints on a city and his dream is to photograph Tokyo.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 4 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 5 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 6 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 9 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
Second place in the over-16s category went to Chris Mansfield for his image of the famous Woolwich Ferry with the Docklands skyline, 02 Arena and Thames Barrier in the background.
Winner of the under 16s who also gets an Olympus was 12-year-old Harvey Dimond for his Tower Bridge from the Southbank, while second place went to Hanna Begum for her Christmas Trees at Canary Wharf.