DLR strike action called off

A STRIKE on the Docklands Light Railway has been called off just 12 hours before it was due to start. Last-ditch talks this afternoon between DLR operator Serco Docklands and RMT union have seen the three-day industrial action cancelled. It is believed a

A STRIKE on the Docklands Light Railway has been called off just 12 hours before it was due to start.

Last-ditch talks this afternoon between DLR operator Serco Docklands and RMT union have seen the three-day industrial action cancelled.

It is believed an improved offer was made by Serco which will be considered by union members in due course.

But a two-day walkout of Tube Lines workers is set to go ahead, starting at 7pm on June 23.


You may also want to watch:


Transport for London has said it can continue to run a full service on the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines maintained by Tube Lines, with an emergency response unit assembled if there is any problem.

But the RMT says the Fire Brigades Union is unhappy with that situation and will be seeking safety assurances from TfL.

Most Read

The DLR dispute had centred on the upgrade of DLR trains to three carriages. Passenger operators, who work on the trains themselves, believed their pay should be increased in line with the extra numbers of people they were responsible for.

Workers had been due to walk out for three days, significantly reducing the number of services to key destinations like London City Airport, ExCeL and Canary Wharf.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus