DLR to skip Bank station for a month
by Gemma Collins COMMUTERS could face travel chaos later this year with the announcement that DLR trains will not be stopping at Bank station for a month. The key transpor
COMMUTERS could face travel chaos later this year with the announcement that DLR trains will not be stopping at Bank station for a month.
The key transport link for more than 60,000 passengers will be closed for most of December as engineers work on the tunnel entrances at Bank station.
The service will be terminating at Shadwell so track and signalling work can be carried out at the Royal Mint junction as part of efforts to upgrade the line for three-carriage trains.
TFL says the work will be carried out during the Christmas and New Year period and a major communications campaign is set to be launched nearer the time with alternative travel details.
You may also want to watch:
But it is likely the Tower Gateway DLR and Jubilee Line will be forced to take most of the burden.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning