DLR to skip Bank station for a month
by Gemma Collins COMMUTERS could face travel chaos later this year with the announcement that DLR trains will not be stopping at Bank station for a month. The key transpor
COMMUTERS could face travel chaos later this year with the announcement that DLR trains will not be stopping at Bank station for a month.
The key transport link for more than 60,000 passengers will be closed for most of December as engineers work on the tunnel entrances at Bank station.
The service will be terminating at Shadwell so track and signalling work can be carried out at the Royal Mint junction as part of efforts to upgrade the line for three-carriage trains.
TFL says the work will be carried out during the Christmas and New Year period and a major communications campaign is set to be launched nearer the time with alternative travel details.
You may also want to watch:
But it is likely the Tower Gateway DLR and Jubilee Line will be forced to take most of the burden.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services