DLR workers get engaged on platform at Canary Wharf station
It was all aboard the love train this morning when two DLR workers got engaged.
Passenger service agent Allen Bennett got down on one knee to propose to Wanja Van Den Berg at the end of their shifts at Canary Wharf DLR station.
Wanja, who also works as a passenger service agent, had no idea what was awaiting her when her train pulled in to platform six at 10.55am.
She was greeted by signs on the passenger information display which said: “Wanja will you marry me?”
Holding a long stemmed white rose and a sparkling engagement ring, Allen then got down on one knee to pop the question. His ecstatic fiancee, who deemed herself speechless after the event, of course said yes.
You may also want to watch:
Wanja, 26, said afterwards: “I thought it was just another day at work, then I saw my manager come on to the platform and I thought maybe I was in trouble, since that never happens.
“Then other people were popping up on the platform and telling me to look at the screen, then Allen came out.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
“I was crying my eyes out. It was a perfect proposal.”
Passengers at the station started taking their own photos of the couple, who happily posed under the display signs.
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=8069bd29ba" >London Week In Review</a>