DLR workers get engaged on platform at Canary Wharf station
It was all aboard the love train this morning when two DLR workers got engaged.
Passenger service agent Allen Bennett got down on one knee to propose to Wanja Van Den Berg at the end of their shifts at Canary Wharf DLR station.
Wanja, who also works as a passenger service agent, had no idea what was awaiting her when her train pulled in to platform six at 10.55am.
She was greeted by signs on the passenger information display which said: “Wanja will you marry me?”
Holding a long stemmed white rose and a sparkling engagement ring, Allen then got down on one knee to pop the question. His ecstatic fiancee, who deemed herself speechless after the event, of course said yes.
You may also want to watch:
Wanja, 26, said afterwards: “I thought it was just another day at work, then I saw my manager come on to the platform and I thought maybe I was in trouble, since that never happens.
“Then other people were popping up on the platform and telling me to look at the screen, then Allen came out.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
“I was crying my eyes out. It was a perfect proposal.”
Passengers at the station started taking their own photos of the couple, who happily posed under the display signs.
<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=8069bd29ba" >London Week In Review</a>