Docklands choir hope to raise the roof to rebuild church
A DOCKLANDS choir are hoping that their advent concert will help raise the roof literally for the rebuilding of as church and community centre in Millwall. The London Docklands Singers are raising cash for the rebuilding of St Luke s church and community
A DOCKLANDS choir are hoping that their advent concert will help raise the roof literally for the rebuilding of as church and community centre in Millwall.
The London Docklands Singers are raising cash for the rebuilding of St Luke's church and community centre in Millwall at a Christmas concert.
St Luke's was bombed out during the Second World War and since then has only had a makeshift chapel and church hall and the community has launched a �2.7 million rebuilding project.
The concert starts at 7.30pm at Christ Church, Manchester Road, on Saturday December 5 and includes Benjamin Britten's Ceremony of Carols, choruses from George Frederick Handel's Messiah and carols for the audience to join in.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available during the interval.
Tickers cost �8 and �5 for concessions and are available on 020 7538 3176 or email@example.com
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 9 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
*The choir will also be performing a concert at The Space, Manchester Road, on Monday December 14.
Tickets are available from www.space.org.uk, 020 7515 7799