Viewpoint: Bethnal Green & Bow MP Rushanara Ali wants to break Brexit deadlock
- Credit: FREE TO USE
Since the referendum in 2016, Theresa May and her government have failed to put the country first.
As our country is pushed to breaking point, they have irresponsibly wasted time and money negotiating a deal that has been overwhelmingly rejected by parliament on three occasions.
The prime minister has desperately tried to push her Brexit deal through, with no regard for the damage it’s causing.
This ongoing uncertainty caused by delay is causing chaos and continues to jeopardise jobs, livelihoods and the economy.
This destructive approach has all come at a huge cost for the taxpayer.
You may also want to watch:
It’s been predicted the final cost of Brexit preparations will amount to £4.2 billion across the six main governmental departments.
It is time to end this Brexit chaos, and break the political deadlock by allowing the British public to have the final say with a People’s Vote.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19