Docklands restaurant wins catering award
A ISLE of Dogs restaurateur has won an award as best caterer in the East of London in the Bangladesh Caterer Association Awards.
Mridul Kanti Das of Memsaheb on Thames Restaurant on Amsterdam Road in Docklands has won the coveted Best Caterer of the Year Award for the Greater London Region (East) region.
Television chef Delia Smith has described it as her favourite place for curry.
The award was announced at tonight’s ceremony at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel.
The event was hosted by EastEnders actor Nitin Ganatra who plays Masood Ahmed and Daybreak presenter Tasmin Lucia Khan.
You may also want to watch:
Newly elected Bethnal Green and Bow MP Rushanara Ali was presented with one of the association’s four golden jubilee awards.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 10 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block