Docklands restaurant wins catering award
A ISLE of Dogs restaurateur has won an award as best caterer in the East of London in the Bangladesh Caterer Association Awards.
Mridul Kanti Das of Memsaheb on Thames Restaurant on Amsterdam Road in Docklands has won the coveted Best Caterer of the Year Award for the Greater London Region (East) region.
Television chef Delia Smith has described it as her favourite place for curry.
The award was announced at tonight’s ceremony at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel.
The event was hosted by EastEnders actor Nitin Ganatra who plays Masood Ahmed and Daybreak presenter Tasmin Lucia Khan.
You may also want to watch:
Newly elected Bethnal Green and Bow MP Rushanara Ali was presented with one of the association’s four golden jubilee awards.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 6 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 7 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 8 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start