Docklands Sailing Centre hosts weekend open youth regatta
Young sailors take to the water for an open regatta at the Docklands Sailing and Watersports Centre on Saturday.
The day of racing at Millwall Outer Dock in the Isle of Dogs includes events for three classes of boats and also provides an opportunity for the successful Tower Hamlets youth team to practice.
They will be looking to retain their title won at last year’s Youth Games on June 4.
As part of the London Traveller Series, races will be held for RS Fevas (double handers), toppers (single handers) and oppies (single handers).
Organisers are also including a beginner’s race track this year for youngsters who want to try their hand at some easy racing.
There will also be a parents’ forum to provide information on getting children involved in competitive sailing.
Centre boats are available but must be booked in advance.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 8 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
The event starts at 10am with the prize givings expected to be held around 4.30pm.
For further information visit dswc.org