Docklands Sailing Centre hosts weekend open youth regatta
Young sailors take to the water for an open regatta at the Docklands Sailing and Watersports Centre on Saturday.
The day of racing at Millwall Outer Dock in the Isle of Dogs includes events for three classes of boats and also provides an opportunity for the successful Tower Hamlets youth team to practice.
They will be looking to retain their title won at last year’s Youth Games on June 4.
As part of the London Traveller Series, races will be held for RS Fevas (double handers), toppers (single handers) and oppies (single handers).
Organisers are also including a beginner’s race track this year for youngsters who want to try their hand at some easy racing.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a parents’ forum to provide information on getting children involved in competitive sailing.
Centre boats are available but must be booked in advance.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 5 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
The event starts at 10am with the prize givings expected to be held around 4.30pm.
For further information visit dswc.org