Docklands Sailing Centre hosts weekend open youth regatta
Young sailors take to the water for an open regatta at the Docklands Sailing and Watersports Centre on Saturday.
The day of racing at Millwall Outer Dock in the Isle of Dogs includes events for three classes of boats and also provides an opportunity for the successful Tower Hamlets youth team to practice.
They will be looking to retain their title won at last year’s Youth Games on June 4.
As part of the London Traveller Series, races will be held for RS Fevas (double handers), toppers (single handers) and oppies (single handers).
Organisers are also including a beginner’s race track this year for youngsters who want to try their hand at some easy racing.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a parents’ forum to provide information on getting children involved in competitive sailing.
Centre boats are available but must be booked in advance.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
The event starts at 10am with the prize givings expected to be held around 4.30pm.
For further information visit dswc.org