Docklands Sailing Centre hosts weekend open youth regatta
Young sailors take to the water for an open regatta at the Docklands Sailing and Watersports Centre on Saturday.
The day of racing at Millwall Outer Dock in the Isle of Dogs includes events for three classes of boats and also provides an opportunity for the successful Tower Hamlets youth team to practice.
They will be looking to retain their title won at last year’s Youth Games on June 4.
As part of the London Traveller Series, races will be held for RS Fevas (double handers), toppers (single handers) and oppies (single handers).
Organisers are also including a beginner’s race track this year for youngsters who want to try their hand at some easy racing.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a parents’ forum to provide information on getting children involved in competitive sailing.
Centre boats are available but must be booked in advance.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 4 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 5 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 10 Live audience ban forces east London talent show to go on YouTube
The event starts at 10am with the prize givings expected to be held around 4.30pm.
For further information visit dswc.org