Leyton Orient go barking mad with latest request to fans!
- Credit: Archant
The National League club are eager to find an O’s fan who will walk their male dog around the Brisbane Road pitch this week
Ahead of the new season clubs from all levels are looking to find a way to make sure their bark is louder than their rivals and to make a statement signing which will help them hound down the title and Leyton Orient are no different, but they have an unusual target in mind.
Earlier the O’s posted a statement revealing the final piece of the jigsaw they need to ensure their celebratory woof can be heard when the 2018/19 campaign draws to a close… a dog walker for their Brisbane Road pitch!
A statement on the official club website read: “A strange one we know, the club are looking for a local O’s supporter who is able to walk their male dog around the O’s pitch during mornings and late afternoons this week.
“The club have been having issues with foxes entering the playing surface at night (quite literally the one time we don’t want a fox in the box) and it is thought a dog’s presence will help prevent further pitch invasions.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are able to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
So it appears last season’s top goalscorer for Orient, Macauley Bonne, isn’t the only fox in the box at Brisbane Road this time around!
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United