Dogs take to catwalk at Bethnal Green with a ‘Sniffie’ to rival London Fashion Show
- Credit: Sniffie
The London Fashion show opening today in The Strand to showcase Britain’s world-renowned design talent has taken a back seat as far as the doggie world is concerned.
Mutts decided to run their own fashion show in east London for their owners to highlight what the best-dressed canines are wearing this season.
Dogs took to the catwalk for the first-ever Sniffie fashion show of the new season, staged at Bethnal Green’s old town hall.
They pawed their way onto the stage in the Grade II-listed council chamber to the beat of Atomic Dog by George Clinton.
It got a little confusing sometimes as they kept stopping to sniff one-another while trotting on and off the stage.
You may also want to watch:
Their human owners, many dressed in matching fashionwear with their pets, tugged and pulled to keep them on track during the fashion parade.
A paw-printed parka coat was displayed as “an everyday essential”, with luxurious finishing touches like the faux fur hood and pleated jewelled cuffs.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
A wilder side to the collection was a baby pink leather biker, frosted with a scattering of crystals.
The sporty look for mutts were basketball vests, football tops, baseball tops, motocross jackets and bomber jackets.
The Sniffie show was encouraging owners to put their paws on doggie fashion with matching togs for themselves.
But matching up with their mutts for some proved to be a bit of a dog’s dinner.