Double shuffle’ fare dodger gets London Tube station ban
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station. Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station.
Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line through East London for the next 18 months after kicking the assistant who challenged her and threatening other staff members.
The violent 20-year-old from South Hackney was sentenced by City magistrates after admitting assault, fare evasion and threatening behaviour.
She has been given an 18 month community order and a ban on entering the station or even getting off a train stopping there.
You may also want to watch:
“She was challenged double shuffling’ through the barriers to leave the station,” explained Pc Tony Manzo. “She kicked the assistant and was later arrested.
“But two days after, while on police bail, she was seen double shuffling again through the ticket barrier, then returned that evening to threaten staff and kicked the supervisor’s office door.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
Magistrates took an earlier assault incident at Liverpool Street station into account when they ordered Davidson to attend a 28 day aggression therapy’ course on top of her station ban.