Double shuffle’ fare dodger gets London Tube station ban
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station. Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station.
Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line through East London for the next 18 months after kicking the assistant who challenged her and threatening other staff members.
The violent 20-year-old from South Hackney was sentenced by City magistrates after admitting assault, fare evasion and threatening behaviour.
She has been given an 18 month community order and a ban on entering the station or even getting off a train stopping there.
You may also want to watch:
“She was challenged double shuffling’ through the barriers to leave the station,” explained Pc Tony Manzo. “She kicked the assistant and was later arrested.
“But two days after, while on police bail, she was seen double shuffling again through the ticket barrier, then returned that evening to threaten staff and kicked the supervisor’s office door.”
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow
Magistrates took an earlier assault incident at Liverpool Street station into account when they ordered Davidson to attend a 28 day aggression therapy’ course on top of her station ban.