Double shuffle’ fare dodger gets London Tube station ban
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station. Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station.
Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line through East London for the next 18 months after kicking the assistant who challenged her and threatening other staff members.
The violent 20-year-old from South Hackney was sentenced by City magistrates after admitting assault, fare evasion and threatening behaviour.
She has been given an 18 month community order and a ban on entering the station or even getting off a train stopping there.
“She was challenged double shuffling’ through the barriers to leave the station,” explained Pc Tony Manzo. “She kicked the assistant and was later arrested.
“But two days after, while on police bail, she was seen double shuffling again through the ticket barrier, then returned that evening to threaten staff and kicked the supervisor’s office door.”
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 3 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 4 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 7 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 8 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 9 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
Magistrates took an earlier assault incident at Liverpool Street station into account when they ordered Davidson to attend a 28 day aggression therapy’ course on top of her station ban.