Double shuffle’ fare dodger gets London Tube station ban
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station. Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line
A WOMAN fare dodger caught double shuffling’ through the ticket barrier on the London Underground has been slapped with a two-year ban from the station.
Madeleine Davidson can’t even get off at Bethnal Green if she ever travels on the Central Line through East London for the next 18 months after kicking the assistant who challenged her and threatening other staff members.
The violent 20-year-old from South Hackney was sentenced by City magistrates after admitting assault, fare evasion and threatening behaviour.
She has been given an 18 month community order and a ban on entering the station or even getting off a train stopping there.
You may also want to watch:
“She was challenged double shuffling’ through the barriers to leave the station,” explained Pc Tony Manzo. “She kicked the assistant and was later arrested.
“But two days after, while on police bail, she was seen double shuffling again through the ticket barrier, then returned that evening to threaten staff and kicked the supervisor’s office door.”
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 5 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
Magistrates took an earlier assault incident at Liverpool Street station into account when they ordered Davidson to attend a 28 day aggression therapy’ course on top of her station ban.