Dr Ali quitting Labour is about her disillusion over NHS
Dear Ed,, I WAS delighted to hear that Dr Anwara Ali has quit Labour and joined the Conservatives on Tower Hamlets council. Her decision is very much about her disillusion over public health
I WAS delighted to hear that Dr Anwara Ali has quit Labour and joined the Conservative Group on Tower Hamlets council (Advertiser Website, February 23).
Her decision to leave Labour is very much about her disillusion over public health. As an East End GP, she laid bare all the faults in the NHS that this Labour government has perpetuated for the last 13 years.
By contrast, the Conservatives have not only pledged to increase spending on the NHS, but to ensure that more is spent on frontline services, with less top-heavy bureaucracy and inefficient waste of resources.
The Tower Hamlets Labour party is totally and utterly divided. It cannot even be trusted by the London regional party to select its own candidates.
You may also want to watch:
Labour members do not serve the community, merely their own over inflated egos. Cllr Ali's statement illustrates how a bitter and tired Labour group governs for the sake of governing and not much else.
No amount of glossy pictures, photo ops or spin in the Labour council's 'East End Life' will change any of that.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 10 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
St Leonard's Road, Poplar