Dr Ali quitting Labour is about her disillusion over NHS
Dear Ed,, I WAS delighted to hear that Dr Anwara Ali has quit Labour and joined the Conservatives on Tower Hamlets council. Her decision is very much about her disillusion over public health
I WAS delighted to hear that Dr Anwara Ali has quit Labour and joined the Conservative Group on Tower Hamlets council (Advertiser Website, February 23).
Her decision to leave Labour is very much about her disillusion over public health. As an East End GP, she laid bare all the faults in the NHS that this Labour government has perpetuated for the last 13 years.
By contrast, the Conservatives have not only pledged to increase spending on the NHS, but to ensure that more is spent on frontline services, with less top-heavy bureaucracy and inefficient waste of resources.
The Tower Hamlets Labour party is totally and utterly divided. It cannot even be trusted by the London regional party to select its own candidates.
You may also want to watch:
Labour members do not serve the community, merely their own over inflated egos. Cllr Ali's statement illustrates how a bitter and tired Labour group governs for the sake of governing and not much else.
No amount of glossy pictures, photo ops or spin in the Labour council's 'East End Life' will change any of that.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
St Leonard's Road, Poplar