Limehouse GP is given an award for her dedication to her patients
- Credit: Archant
A GP with 27 years service in Limehouse has been awarded for supporting victims of the Docklands bombing and her dedication to her patients.
Dr Jennie Read from the Limehouse Practice which is based in Gill Street Health Centre, was recognised for her tireless work in the community with a Docklands Victims Association (DVA) award.
Dr Read was instrumental in supporting the victims of the terrorist attack in February 1996 and has also helped raised vital funds for severely disabled children in Thailand.
Jonathan Ganesh, president of DVA, was injured in the bombing which claimed two lives and injured more than 100 people.
He said: “Our community and the NHS have been very fortunate to have retained a GP whose compassion for others has undoubtedly alleviated suffering.
You may also want to watch:
“As a victim of terrorism I shall never forget the help she gave me and others during this very difficult period”.
Ihsan Bashir, who lost his brother Inam in the bombing, added: “I commend Dr Read for her dedication. She is a credit to the NHS and is an illustration that GPs can be instrumental in helping victims of terrorism.”
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
Previous recipients of a DVA award are Dr George Legg of King’s College London, artist Lucy Harrison, Rt Hon Laurence Robertson MP and Ms Hunna Ihsan of Marymount School as a result of their outstanding service to humanity.