Dream-like projections at Shoreditch's A Foundation
A TIME-LAPSE meditation on the capital, Suki Chan s Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk will be projected outdoors with a cityscape backdrop at Shoreditch s A Foundation from today. Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk is a moving-image work capturing the nuances at play in London
A TIME-LAPSE meditation on the capital, Suki Chan's Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk will be projected outdoors with a cityscape backdrop at Shoreditch's A Foundation from today.
Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk is a moving-image work capturing the nuances at play in London between its architecture, the fleeting movements of its inhabitants and the transport system that revolves around them.
Using the voices of nocturnal skaters, security guards, graffiti artists, commuters, architects, urban planners, economists and news journalists, Chan's project ideas of freedom in contemporary society.
Chan is becoming increasingly known for her mixed-media installations exploring human experiences of space.
You may also want to watch:
Her work is influenced by her interest in Hong Kong and Shanghai and her observations of the Westernisation of the surrounding towns and villages.
Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk will be on at the A Foundation at the Rochelle School in Arnold Circus until Saturday.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage