Dream-like projections at Shoreditch's A Foundation
A TIME-LAPSE meditation on the capital, Suki Chan s Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk will be projected outdoors with a cityscape backdrop at Shoreditch s A Foundation from today. Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk is a moving-image work capturing the nuances at play in London
A TIME-LAPSE meditation on the capital, Suki Chan's Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk will be projected outdoors with a cityscape backdrop at Shoreditch's A Foundation from today.
Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk is a moving-image work capturing the nuances at play in London between its architecture, the fleeting movements of its inhabitants and the transport system that revolves around them.
Using the voices of nocturnal skaters, security guards, graffiti artists, commuters, architects, urban planners, economists and news journalists, Chan's project ideas of freedom in contemporary society.
Chan is becoming increasingly known for her mixed-media installations exploring human experiences of space.
You may also want to watch:
Her work is influenced by her interest in Hong Kong and Shanghai and her observations of the Westernisation of the surrounding towns and villages.
Sleep Walk, Sleep Talk will be on at the A Foundation at the Rochelle School in Arnold Circus until Saturday.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire