Driver arrested after road smash involving police cars on A13 Commercial Road
- Credit: TfL
A police officer was injured in a road crash that blocked the busy A13 Commercial Road at Limehouse during yesterday’s Bank Holiday.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital at Whitechapel with leg and back injuries, but was not detained.
The offer went to speak to the driver of a car parked in Pitsea Street, off Commercial Road, when the vehicle suddenly drove off.
But the driver lost control as the vehicle mounted the pavement and ploughed into a Ladbroke’s betting shop and a set of traffic lights, Scotland Yard confirmed.
A police spokesman said: “The officer went to speak to the driver who then drove off. He was hit and the car also collided with a police vehicle, then hit the building.”
You may also want to watch:
The car ended up wedged against the bookies’ and the traffic lights. A second police vehicle was also damaged in the incident.
A man was later arrested at the scene on suspicion of attempted GBH and failing to stop.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
He is still in custody today, Scotland Yard confirmed.