Driver escapes as car ploughs into bus-stop
A MOTORIST had a narrow escape when his car smashed into a bus-stop near the Tower of London after mounting the pavement. The collision was one of two road accidents during the night within a mile of each other where both drivers got out unhurt
A MOTORIST had a narrow escape when his car smashed into a bus-stop near the Tower of London after mounting the pavement.
The collision was one of two road accidents during the night within a mile of each other where both drivers got out unhurt.
The green Citron estate went out of control at midnight along Vaughan Way by St Katharine’s Dock and demolished the bus-stop.
But there was no-one at the stop and the 40-year-old driver managed to get himself free as rescuers arrived. He declined medical help.
You may also want to watch:
The second accident was on the main A13 Commercial Road at Whitechapel when the rear of a blue BMW burst into flame at 6.30 this morning.
Other motorists flagged down the driver who managed to stop and get clear. The car later had to be towed away.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire