Driver stabbed after gang attack car in Bethnal Green with sledgehammer
- Credit: MPS
Police are hunting three men who dragged a motorist from a car in broad daylight in Bethnal Green and stabbed him.
The man fled from the Audi and was chased along Old Bethnal Green Road by the traffic lights with Cambridge Heath Road as other motorists watched in horror.
“I saw the man being chased with blood on his back,” an eye-witness told the East London Advertiser. “It looked like he had been slashed with a meat cleaver.
“It was a shock to see this in broad daylight on a busy road with so much traffic around. The gang didn’t care who saw them.”
Police arrived after several 999 calls following the attack at 7.30pm last Friday when witnesses said the car was attacked with a sledge-hammer. The driver, in his 20s, was taken to hospital with stab wounds, but not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from Tower Hamlets CID are looking for two or possibly three men and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to call 101, Tweet @MetCC or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 (crimestoppers-uk.org). No arrests have been made so far.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park