Drugs cops close down East End crack den
A CRACK den was closed down this week following a police raid on an East End estate. Officers smashed into a one-bedroom flat on the Lincoln Estate in Bromley-by-Bow to issue a notice to shut it down following complaints from neighbours of noise and us
A CRACK den was closed down this week following a police raid on an East End estate.
Officers smashed into a one-bedroom flat on the Lincoln Estate in Bromley-by-Bow to issue a notice to shut it down following complaints from neighbours of noise and used syringes strewn outside the home.
Police had been working with housing association Poplar Harca for two months after discovering crack cocaine in the flat in Rounton Road in April while they were arresting two suspects for robbery.
And when the eight officers stormed into the flat on Thursday they discovered one drugged visitor as well as paraphernalia including crack pipes and empty wrappers.
You may also want to watch:
DS Craig Robinson said: "These people have been making their neighbours' lives a misery for the past six months.
"The main objection was to get into the flat, serve the closure notice and throw out anyone in there.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
"It is place where people go to take drugs having brought it in from elsewhere.
"At least we have taken action and done something positive for the residents who have had to live next door to this.