Dumped artist paints gloomy picture of love lost
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love. Heartbroken Jasper is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love.
Heartbroken Jasper, whose controversial work has been bought by Charles Saatchi, is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month.
The 33-year-old painter was dumped by girlfriend Rose at Christmas after five years together.
So he now wants to start again from scratch to try and win her back.
You may also want to watch:
EVERYTHING MUST GO’
The only possessions Joffe is keeping are the clothes on his back and his glasses. Everything else must go—including childhood teddy bears, a collection of paintings and drawings, books, keepsakes and even his bed.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
They are all up for grabs in 33 lots of �3,333 each in a Sale of a Lifetime exhibition.
Letters, family memories, pictures and personal objects which were gifts from friends and relatives are included as part of what Joffe describes as “a cathartic process of separation from the past.”
The gallery sale at Chance Street in Bethnal Green runs July 29 to August 2.