Dumped artist paints gloomy picture of love lost
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love. Heartbroken Jasper is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love.
Heartbroken Jasper, whose controversial work has been bought by Charles Saatchi, is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month.
The 33-year-old painter was dumped by girlfriend Rose at Christmas after five years together.
So he now wants to start again from scratch to try and win her back.
You may also want to watch:
EVERYTHING MUST GO’
The only possessions Joffe is keeping are the clothes on his back and his glasses. Everything else must go—including childhood teddy bears, a collection of paintings and drawings, books, keepsakes and even his bed.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
They are all up for grabs in 33 lots of �3,333 each in a Sale of a Lifetime exhibition.
Letters, family memories, pictures and personal objects which were gifts from friends and relatives are included as part of what Joffe describes as “a cathartic process of separation from the past.”
The gallery sale at Chance Street in Bethnal Green runs July 29 to August 2.