Dumped artist paints gloomy picture of love lost
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love. Heartbroken Jasper is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love.
Heartbroken Jasper, whose controversial work has been bought by Charles Saatchi, is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month.
The 33-year-old painter was dumped by girlfriend Rose at Christmas after five years together.
So he now wants to start again from scratch to try and win her back.
You may also want to watch:
EVERYTHING MUST GO’
The only possessions Joffe is keeping are the clothes on his back and his glasses. Everything else must go—including childhood teddy bears, a collection of paintings and drawings, books, keepsakes and even his bed.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 7 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
They are all up for grabs in 33 lots of �3,333 each in a Sale of a Lifetime exhibition.
Letters, family memories, pictures and personal objects which were gifts from friends and relatives are included as part of what Joffe describes as “a cathartic process of separation from the past.”
The gallery sale at Chance Street in Bethnal Green runs July 29 to August 2.