Dumped artist paints gloomy picture of love lost
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love. Heartbroken Jasper is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month
LOVELORN artist Jasper Joffe is selling all his worldly possessions in an attempt to win back his lady love.
Heartbroken Jasper, whose controversial work has been bought by Charles Saatchi, is selling off all his belongings at East London’s Idea Generation gallery later this month.
The 33-year-old painter was dumped by girlfriend Rose at Christmas after five years together.
So he now wants to start again from scratch to try and win her back.
EVERYTHING MUST GO’
The only possessions Joffe is keeping are the clothes on his back and his glasses. Everything else must go—including childhood teddy bears, a collection of paintings and drawings, books, keepsakes and even his bed.
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
They are all up for grabs in 33 lots of �3,333 each in a Sale of a Lifetime exhibition.
Letters, family memories, pictures and personal objects which were gifts from friends and relatives are included as part of what Joffe describes as “a cathartic process of separation from the past.”
The gallery sale at Chance Street in Bethnal Green runs July 29 to August 2.