East End artists at work open up to the public
ARTISTS in London’s East End open their posh new studios to the public on Saturday. It’s a chance to meet and talk while they’re at work at Poplar’s Acme Studios complex
ARTISTS in London's East End open their posh new studios to the public on Saturday.
It's a chance to meet and talk while they're at work at Poplar's Acme Studios complex.
There will also be a chance to meet Jan Hendrickse, the residency holder, an artist who is working with residents and community groups in East London to create 'sound art.'
You may also want to watch:
The studios at 40, Leven Road, are open with 'drop in' times from 12pm to 4pm on September 26.
Acme Studios manages 120 low-rent artists' studios in the East End and more than 400 across London. It is currently looking for applicants from non-commercial fine artists for its 12 work-in-live-in units at the converted Millwall fire station on the Isle of Dogs.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson