East End artists at work open up to the public
ARTISTS in London’s East End open their posh new studios to the public on Saturday. It’s a chance to meet and talk while they’re at work at Poplar’s Acme Studios complex
ARTISTS in London's East End open their posh new studios to the public on Saturday.
It's a chance to meet and talk while they're at work at Poplar's Acme Studios complex.
There will also be a chance to meet Jan Hendrickse, the residency holder, an artist who is working with residents and community groups in East London to create 'sound art.'
You may also want to watch:
The studios at 40, Leven Road, are open with 'drop in' times from 12pm to 4pm on September 26.
Acme Studios manages 120 low-rent artists' studios in the East End and more than 400 across London. It is currently looking for applicants from non-commercial fine artists for its 12 work-in-live-in units at the converted Millwall fire station on the Isle of Dogs.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets