East End artists at work open up to the public
ARTISTS in London’s East End open their posh new studios to the public on Saturday. It’s a chance to meet and talk while they’re at work at Poplar’s Acme Studios complex
ARTISTS in London's East End open their posh new studios to the public on Saturday.
It's a chance to meet and talk while they're at work at Poplar's Acme Studios complex.
There will also be a chance to meet Jan Hendrickse, the residency holder, an artist who is working with residents and community groups in East London to create 'sound art.'
You may also want to watch:
The studios at 40, Leven Road, are open with 'drop in' times from 12pm to 4pm on September 26.
Acme Studios manages 120 low-rent artists' studios in the East End and more than 400 across London. It is currently looking for applicants from non-commercial fine artists for its 12 work-in-live-in units at the converted Millwall fire station on the Isle of Dogs.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week