East End boozers earn a place in pub-goers handbook
EAST Ender boozers have won themselves a mention in the pub-goers bible The Good Pub Guide. The edition for 2012 had just been released today and along with new entry the Gun in Coldharbour which has been named as London Dining Pub of the Year four pub
EAST Ender boozers have won themselves a mention in the pub-goers bible The Good Pub Guide.
The edition for 2012 had just been released today and along with new entry the Gun in Coldharbour which has been named as London Dining Pub of the Year four pubs have won plaudits from the guide's judges who have paid them a visit.
They are the Crown in Grove Road, Mile End, the Grapes in Narrow Street, Limehouse, which Dickens once drank in, Gordon Ramsay's gastropub The Narrow, and the historic Prospect of Whitby at Wapping Wall which was also the haunt of Dickens and Pepys.
Other pubs which have made it into the lucky dip section of the book are the Dickens Inn in St Katharines Way, the Mariners in Commercial Road, the Pride of Spitalfields in Heneage Street and the Town of Ramsgate in Wapping High Street.
You may also want to watch:
The Cat and Canary on Fishermans Walk and the North Pole in Manilla Street on the Isle of Dogs have also made it into the drinkers handbook.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 6 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 7 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 8 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs