East End boozers earn a place in pub-goers handbook
EAST Ender boozers have won themselves a mention in the pub-goers bible The Good Pub Guide. The edition for 2012 had just been released today and along with new entry the Gun in Coldharbour which has been named as London Dining Pub of the Year four pub
EAST Ender boozers have won themselves a mention in the pub-goers bible The Good Pub Guide.
The edition for 2012 had just been released today and along with new entry the Gun in Coldharbour which has been named as London Dining Pub of the Year four pubs have won plaudits from the guide's judges who have paid them a visit.
They are the Crown in Grove Road, Mile End, the Grapes in Narrow Street, Limehouse, which Dickens once drank in, Gordon Ramsay's gastropub The Narrow, and the historic Prospect of Whitby at Wapping Wall which was also the haunt of Dickens and Pepys.
Other pubs which have made it into the lucky dip section of the book are the Dickens Inn in St Katharines Way, the Mariners in Commercial Road, the Pride of Spitalfields in Heneage Street and the Town of Ramsgate in Wapping High Street.
You may also want to watch:
The Cat and Canary on Fishermans Walk and the North Pole in Manilla Street on the Isle of Dogs have also made it into the drinkers handbook.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'