East End drug baron jailed
A PROLIFIC drug dealer has today been jailed for a total of eight years after being convicted of possessing and supplying more than �300,000 worth of cocaine and crystal meth. Richard Lubbock, 63, of Commercial Road, Limehouse, was convicted in March af
A "PROLIFIC" drug dealer has today been jailed for a total of eight years after being convicted of possessing and supplying more than �300,000 worth of cocaine and crystal meth.
Richard Lubbock, 63, of Commercial Road, Limehouse, was convicted in March after pleading guilty to five counts of possessing drugs with intent to supply.
Cops, including riot police form the Territorial Support Group, raided his Commercial Street penthouse flat in December last year and seized hundreds of thousands of pounds of Class A, B and C drugs, including the Met's largest ever crystal meth haul.
Bags of drugs were found by officers scattered around the luxury flat, including in filing cabinets, on an office desk and in the freezer and officers also seized up to �50,000 in cash.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets Borough Commander, Det Chief Supt Paul Rickett, said: "Lubbock's sentence sends out a clear message that we will not tolerate the production and selling of drugs on this borough and will robustly pursue anyone involved in this type of crime.
"The raid involved the seizure of a large quantity of Class A drugs, including a substantial amount of crystal meth.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow
"The arrest of Lubbock deals a significant blow to the supply chain of crystal meth, not only in Tower Hamlets, but across London.
"The prompt and professional action taken by the arresting officers, means a prolific Class A drug dealer is now off the streets and behind bars.