East End drug baron jailed
A PROLIFIC drug dealer has today been jailed for a total of eight years after being convicted of possessing and supplying more than �300,000 worth of cocaine and crystal meth. Richard Lubbock, 63, of Commercial Road, Limehouse, was convicted in March af
A "PROLIFIC" drug dealer has today been jailed for a total of eight years after being convicted of possessing and supplying more than �300,000 worth of cocaine and crystal meth.
Richard Lubbock, 63, of Commercial Road, Limehouse, was convicted in March after pleading guilty to five counts of possessing drugs with intent to supply.
Cops, including riot police form the Territorial Support Group, raided his Commercial Street penthouse flat in December last year and seized hundreds of thousands of pounds of Class A, B and C drugs, including the Met's largest ever crystal meth haul.
Bags of drugs were found by officers scattered around the luxury flat, including in filing cabinets, on an office desk and in the freezer and officers also seized up to �50,000 in cash.
Tower Hamlets Borough Commander, Det Chief Supt Paul Rickett, said: "Lubbock's sentence sends out a clear message that we will not tolerate the production and selling of drugs on this borough and will robustly pursue anyone involved in this type of crime.
"The raid involved the seizure of a large quantity of Class A drugs, including a substantial amount of crystal meth.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 3 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 4 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 7 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 8 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 9 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
"The arrest of Lubbock deals a significant blow to the supply chain of crystal meth, not only in Tower Hamlets, but across London.
"The prompt and professional action taken by the arresting officers, means a prolific Class A drug dealer is now off the streets and behind bars.