East End eateries get lesson in healthy diet’ menus
RESTAURANTS have been getting the low down on how to make menus more healthy at a two-hour workshop in London’s East End. The workshop was run to help them understand how they can make small changes to make their dishes more nutritious
RESTAURANTS have been getting the low down on how to make their menus more healthy at a two-hour workshop in London’s East End.
The workshop was run to help them understand how they can make small changes to make their dishes more nutritious and better for their customers.
It was run by the local Environmental Health & Nutrition and Dietetics departments as part of the new Tower Hamlets healthy eating’ programme.
You may also want to watch:
Public health dietician Michele Sandelson, from NHS Tower Hamlets, stressed how small changes in preparing meals could make an impact people’s diet and potentially reduce obesity and cardiovascular disease.
Those attending the seminar included Mudchute Farm caf� on the Isle of Dogs, caterers at Barclays in Canary Wharf, the Mildmay Hospital trust at Shoreditch and the London Fire Brigade.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
Three more seminars are planned on November 10, January 29 and March 31, which can been booked by phone on: 020-7364 5008