East End film awards attract top talent
More than 500 filmmakers flocked to the East End to celebrate the best up-and-coming talents in the world of silver screen entertainment.
Now in its fourth year, the Limelight Film and Arts Awards celebrated the year’s most influential short movies with a red carpet bash at the Troxy in Commercial Road.
MTV and Choice FM host Kat-man led the proceedings while entertainment came in the form of Britain’s Got Talent stars 2n’ A Half Men.
The star of the bash, on June 23, was Jessica Ashman whose film Fixing Luka picked up three awards – best animation, best visual and film of the night.
She was handed �10,000 to go towards her next production.
You may also want to watch:
Limelight CEO, Munsur Ali, said the awards bash had more than 2000 entries and is “spearheading” support for emerging film talent.
He added: “This year we received the highest number of submissions, showing the great demand in filmmaking, yet also the urgent need to support this industry.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze