East End film awards attract top talent
More than 500 filmmakers flocked to the East End to celebrate the best up-and-coming talents in the world of silver screen entertainment.
Now in its fourth year, the Limelight Film and Arts Awards celebrated the year’s most influential short movies with a red carpet bash at the Troxy in Commercial Road.
MTV and Choice FM host Kat-man led the proceedings while entertainment came in the form of Britain’s Got Talent stars 2n’ A Half Men.
The star of the bash, on June 23, was Jessica Ashman whose film Fixing Luka picked up three awards – best animation, best visual and film of the night.
She was handed �10,000 to go towards her next production.
You may also want to watch:
Limelight CEO, Munsur Ali, said the awards bash had more than 2000 entries and is “spearheading” support for emerging film talent.
He added: “This year we received the highest number of submissions, showing the great demand in filmmaking, yet also the urgent need to support this industry.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge