East End homeless charity gets designer facelift
A CAF: which gives homeless people and ex-offenders on the job training and experience, is getting a makeover by Swedish design company Ikea. The Crisis Skylight Caf� in Commercial Street, on the Shoreditch – Aldgate borders , is getting its first revamp
A CAF: which gives homeless people and ex-offenders on the job training and experience, is getting a makeover by Swedish design company Ikea.
The Crisis Skylight Caf� in Commercial Street, on the Shoreditch - Aldgate borders , is getting its first revamp since opening in 2004 from designers at Ikea.
Joanna Taylor, Manager of Crisis Skylight cafe, said: "The best thing about the makeover is that our members will have a more professional environment to work and cook in, and that's so important in terms of day-to-day inspiration.
"It reflects the aspirations we have of all of our members, especially those who have made the caf� such a great place over the last six years."
You may also want to watch:
The caf� is open to the public and attracts a following from Shoreditch fashionistas as well as offering training and a gallery space for people who use the services of the homeless charity.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week