East End housing estate kids get their own adventure playground
KIDS got a taste of what their new adventure playground is going to be like when a fun day was organised on their East London housing estate. They came with their mums and dads to look at plans for the playground on the Ranwell Estate
KIDS got a taste of what their new adventure playground is going to be like when a fun day was organised on their East London housing estate.
They came with their mums and dads to look at plans for the playground and garden area being mapped out on the Ranwell Estate in Old Ford.
The consultation was laid on with activities like badge-making (pictured) and face-painting which attracted 200 people earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The fun day was organised by Tower Hamlets Council and Old Ford Housing Association to give families a chance talk about the scheme.
"We want to make sure we get it right," said Cllr Abdul Asad. "So we consulted people to iron out any concerns."
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 6 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
The proposed Ranwell adventure playground opens in April for kids aged eight to 13.