East End housing estate kids get their own adventure playground
KIDS got a taste of what their new adventure playground is going to be like when a fun day was organised on their East London housing estate. They came with their mums and dads to look at plans for the playground on the Ranwell Estate
KIDS got a taste of what their new adventure playground is going to be like when a fun day was organised on their East London housing estate.
They came with their mums and dads to look at plans for the playground and garden area being mapped out on the Ranwell Estate in Old Ford.
The consultation was laid on with activities like badge-making (pictured) and face-painting which attracted 200 people earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The fun day was organised by Tower Hamlets Council and Old Ford Housing Association to give families a chance talk about the scheme.
"We want to make sure we get it right," said Cllr Abdul Asad. "So we consulted people to iron out any concerns."
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
The proposed Ranwell adventure playground opens in April for kids aged eight to 13.