East End housing estate kids get their own adventure playground
KIDS got a taste of what their new adventure playground is going to be like when a fun day was organised on their East London housing estate. They came with their mums and dads to look at plans for the playground on the Ranwell Estate
KIDS got a taste of what their new adventure playground is going to be like when a fun day was organised on their East London housing estate.
They came with their mums and dads to look at plans for the playground and garden area being mapped out on the Ranwell Estate in Old Ford.
The consultation was laid on with activities like badge-making (pictured) and face-painting which attracted 200 people earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The fun day was organised by Tower Hamlets Council and Old Ford Housing Association to give families a chance talk about the scheme.
"We want to make sure we get it right," said Cllr Abdul Asad. "So we consulted people to iron out any concerns."
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
The proposed Ranwell adventure playground opens in April for kids aged eight to 13.