East End kids get chance to be the future sound of London
BUDDING Mark Ronsons who want to make their mark on the music business can kick start their journey by joining a free production course. Aimed at Tower Hamlets kids aged between 14 and 19, the music production course starts this month and will teach parti
BUDDING Mark Ronsons who want to make their mark on the music business can kick start their journey by joining a free production course.
Aimed at Tower Hamlets kids aged between 14 and 19, the music production course starts this month and will teach participants how to produce their own tracks and record live bands.
The course is part of Music Space which provides music related opportunities for the borough's young people.
Along with providing opportunities in music production, the scheme also provides space for bands to rehearse for free.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets council's culture chief Cllr Rofique Ahmed said: "This is a unique chance for young people in Tower Hamlets to find out more about the world of music.
"By learning about music production and engineering they'll gain an understanding of the work and skill that goes behind creating number one hits."
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
The course runs at the Brady Arts Centre in Whitechapel's Hanbury Street.
More information is available from email@example.com or 020 7377 0621.