East End Labour councillors backing Oona's bid
MOST of the Labour councillors backing Oona King in the race for Labour's nomination for Mayor of London are from Tower Hamlets. Of the 19 London Labour councillors who backed Ms King – who lives in Mile End – 13 were from the borough, including council
MOST of the Labour councillors backing Oona King in the race for Labour's nomination for Mayor of London are from Tower Hamlets.
Of the 19 London Labour councillors who backed Ms King - who lives in Mile End - 13 were from the borough, including council leader Helal Abbas.
And she will be sure of their support as she goes head-to-head with Ken Livingstone to secure the nomination during voting this September.
Ms King, the former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, is currently head of diversity at Channel 4.
You may also want to watch:
Her campaign is being run by Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel