East End Labour councillors backing Oona's bid
MOST of the Labour councillors backing Oona King in the race for Labour's nomination for Mayor of London are from Tower Hamlets. Of the 19 London Labour councillors who backed Ms King – who lives in Mile End – 13 were from the borough, including council
MOST of the Labour councillors backing Oona King in the race for Labour's nomination for Mayor of London are from Tower Hamlets.
Of the 19 London Labour councillors who backed Ms King - who lives in Mile End - 13 were from the borough, including council leader Helal Abbas.
And she will be sure of their support as she goes head-to-head with Ken Livingstone to secure the nomination during voting this September.
Ms King, the former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, is currently head of diversity at Channel 4.
You may also want to watch:
Her campaign is being run by Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'