East End Labour councillors backing Oona's bid
MOST of the Labour councillors backing Oona King in the race for Labour's nomination for Mayor of London are from Tower Hamlets. Of the 19 London Labour councillors who backed Ms King – who lives in Mile End – 13 were from the borough, including council
MOST of the Labour councillors backing Oona King in the race for Labour's nomination for Mayor of London are from Tower Hamlets.
Of the 19 London Labour councillors who backed Ms King - who lives in Mile End - 13 were from the borough, including council leader Helal Abbas.
And she will be sure of their support as she goes head-to-head with Ken Livingstone to secure the nomination during voting this September.
Ms King, the former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, is currently head of diversity at Channel 4.
You may also want to watch:
Her campaign is being run by Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 7 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs