East End lawyers scoop 3 top national legal aid awards
LAWYERS from London’s East End have made history winning three out of 10 awards in the nationwide search for the Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year. Kathy Meade from Tower Hamlets law centre in Whitechapel won the title for Social Welfare Law.
LAWYERS from London’s East End have made history winning three out of 10 awards in the nationwide search for the Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year’.
Kathy Meade from Tower Hamlets law centre in Whitechapel won the Social Welfare Law’ title.
Sophy Miles from Miles & Partners law firm in Aldgate took the Mental Health Law’ title and David Jockelson, from the same firm, made it a hat trick for the East End with the Family Law’ award.
Both law organisations are members of Tower Hamlets Community Advice network, a project to improve advice to the public in this deprived quarter of London.
Project manager Heather Johnson said: “This shows the commitment members of the network have helping the most vulnerable and deprived people get legal redress for their problems.”
Kathy Meade is a housing and community care specialist, having worked for the Terrence Higgins Trust and Hackney Community law centre before joining Tower Hamlets law centre.
You may also want to watch:
Sophy Miles represents Mental Health service users and their families on hospital detention, treatment and after care, and acts in cases where courts are asked to decide the best interests of those without the capacity to take decisions themselves.
David Jockelson has specialised in Family law for 20 years, including the High Court, and is a trained counsellor, therapist and parenting coach.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 10 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin