East End leaseholders battle for recognition by social landlord
COUNCILLORS voted to support leaseholders in their bid to have social landlord East End Homes recognise their association. Leaseholder Gloria Thienel told a meeting of Tower Hamlets council on Wednesday how she and others were becoming increasingly dissat
COUNCILLORS voted to support leaseholders in their bid to have social landlord East End Homes recognise their association.
Leaseholder Gloria Thienel told a meeting of Tower Hamlets council on Wednesday how she and others were becoming increasingly dissatisfied with the service from their landlord East End Homes.
She told how leaseholders from all over the borough have banded together to form the East End Homes Leaseholders and Freeholders Association to campaign in the interests of leaseholders and freeholders but that they had not had recognition from the housing association.
The original group were formed two years ago to fight for a fairer deal for leaseholders and they have been battling for recognition ever since.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors voted unanimously to support the association in its bid and Cllr Rachael Saunders, a council representative on the board of East End Homes, confirmed she would be backing the leaseholders at its next meeting.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines