East End Life’ not free—we pay for council propaganda in taxes
Dear Ed, I AM completely sick of receiving Tower Hamlets Council’s newspaper East End Life’ through the letterbox. It is nothing other than a political paper for the Labour party that we have to pay for it in council tax!
I AM completely sick of receiving Tower Hamlets Council's newspaper 'East End Life' through the letterbox. It is nothing other than a political paper for the Labour party.
The council has the cheek to call it a 'free' paper, because it is not free. We have already paid for it in council tax!
I am still waiting to hear how the council plans to plug the �400,000 shortfall the paper has from its falling advertising revenue. This means that Labour propaganda rag will cost us �1 million this year.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets is now in such a shambles that council leader Lutfur Rahman regularly gets a mention in Private Eye's 'Rotten Boroughs' column.
Thank goodness for the East London Advertiser which gives us real news, not Labour party propaganda. The East End simply cannot afford to waste a penny of taxpayers' money, let alone a whopping �1m, on this rubbish.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 5 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 6 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 7 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 8 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 9 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
- 10 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
Garnet Street, Wapping