East End Life’ not free—we pay for council propaganda in taxes
Dear Ed, I AM completely sick of receiving Tower Hamlets Council’s newspaper East End Life’ through the letterbox. It is nothing other than a political paper for the Labour party that we have to pay for it in council tax!
I AM completely sick of receiving Tower Hamlets Council's newspaper 'East End Life' through the letterbox. It is nothing other than a political paper for the Labour party.
The council has the cheek to call it a 'free' paper, because it is not free. We have already paid for it in council tax!
I am still waiting to hear how the council plans to plug the �400,000 shortfall the paper has from its falling advertising revenue. This means that Labour propaganda rag will cost us �1 million this year.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets is now in such a shambles that council leader Lutfur Rahman regularly gets a mention in Private Eye's 'Rotten Boroughs' column.
Thank goodness for the East London Advertiser which gives us real news, not Labour party propaganda. The East End simply cannot afford to waste a penny of taxpayers' money, let alone a whopping �1m, on this rubbish.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
Garnet Street, Wapping