East End Life’ was nothing to do with BNP, Cllr Rahman!
Dear Ed, CONTRARY to what Tower Hamlets Council leader Rahman says, East End Life’ was not set up “to counter the views expressed by the BNP” as he says in his letter to the Advertiser
CONTRARY to what Tower Hamlets Council leader Rahman says, 'East End Life' was not set up "to counter the extreme right views expressed by the BNP" as he says in his letter to the East London Advertiser (August 20). It was set up to counter the extreme anti-Council bias expressed by the East London Advertiser at the time.
I should know. I was one of the people responsible for setting it up.
Eric Flounders (ex-councillor)
You may also want to watch:
Morgan Street, Mile End
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start