East End Life’ was nothing to do with BNP, Cllr Rahman!
Dear Ed, CONTRARY to what Tower Hamlets Council leader Rahman says, East End Life’ was not set up “to counter the views expressed by the BNP” as he says in his letter to the Advertiser
CONTRARY to what Tower Hamlets Council leader Rahman says, 'East End Life' was not set up "to counter the extreme right views expressed by the BNP" as he says in his letter to the East London Advertiser (August 20). It was set up to counter the extreme anti-Council bias expressed by the East London Advertiser at the time.
I should know. I was one of the people responsible for setting it up.
Eric Flounders (ex-councillor)
You may also want to watch:
Morgan Street, Mile End
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single