East End MP boosts funds for Bangladeshi homeless
MORE orphaned youngsters in Bangladesh will have a roof over their heads this winter after End End MP Jim Fitzpatrick raised �18,000 for a women and children s village
By Gemma Collins
MORE orphaned youngsters in Bangladesh will have a roof over their heads this winter thanks to an East End MP.
Labour MP Jim Fitzpatrick raised �18,000 for the Sreepur Women & Children's Village with a fundraising dinner.
He visited the village, three hours outside Bangladesh's capital of Dhaka, during his trip to the country last summer.
You may also want to watch:
And he was "moved" by what he saw, with around 350 children being fed and educated as well as 150 destitute women trained in a range of skills to help them support their families.
- 1 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 6 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 7 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election