East End MP boosts funds for Bangladeshi homeless
MORE orphaned youngsters in Bangladesh will have a roof over their heads this winter after End End MP Jim Fitzpatrick raised �18,000 for a women and children s village
By Gemma Collins
MORE orphaned youngsters in Bangladesh will have a roof over their heads this winter thanks to an East End MP.
Labour MP Jim Fitzpatrick raised �18,000 for the Sreepur Women & Children's Village with a fundraising dinner.
He visited the village, three hours outside Bangladesh's capital of Dhaka, during his trip to the country last summer.
You may also want to watch:
And he was "moved" by what he saw, with around 350 children being fed and educated as well as 150 destitute women trained in a range of skills to help them support their families.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?