East End MP boosts funds for Bangladeshi homeless
MORE orphaned youngsters in Bangladesh will have a roof over their heads this winter after End End MP Jim Fitzpatrick raised �18,000 for a women and children s village
By Gemma Collins
MORE orphaned youngsters in Bangladesh will have a roof over their heads this winter thanks to an East End MP.
Labour MP Jim Fitzpatrick raised �18,000 for the Sreepur Women & Children's Village with a fundraising dinner.
He visited the village, three hours outside Bangladesh's capital of Dhaka, during his trip to the country last summer.
You may also want to watch:
And he was "moved" by what he saw, with around 350 children being fed and educated as well as 150 destitute women trained in a range of skills to help them support their families.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings