East End MPs back Oona King's London mayoral campaign
FORMER EAST End MP Oona King has won backing from 11 Labour MPs in her bid to run as the party s candidate for London mayor. Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick is chairing her campaign. The Mile End resident has also won the backing of the current B
FORMER EAST End MP Oona King has won backing from 11 Labour MPs in her bid to run as the party's candidate for London mayor.
Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick is chairing her campaign.
The Mile End resident has also won the backing of the current Bethnal Green and Bow MP Rushanara Ali who used to work in Oona's Westminster office when she represented the seat.
Mr Fitzpatrick said: "Today, along with many of our MP colleagues from London, we will announce our endorsement and support of Oona King to be Labour's candidate for the 2012 Mayoral elections.
You may also want to watch:
"Like me they are convinced that her offer to London would represent a future where our prosperity and our incredible culture is shared and enjoyed by all; a less stressful place to live and work; and a city where in tough times communities are empowered to come together rather than drift apart.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park