East End MPs back Oona King's London mayoral campaign
FORMER EAST End MP Oona King has won backing from 11 Labour MPs in her bid to run as the party s candidate for London mayor. Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick is chairing her campaign. The Mile End resident has also won the backing of the current B
FORMER EAST End MP Oona King has won backing from 11 Labour MPs in her bid to run as the party's candidate for London mayor.
Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick is chairing her campaign.
The Mile End resident has also won the backing of the current Bethnal Green and Bow MP Rushanara Ali who used to work in Oona's Westminster office when she represented the seat.
Mr Fitzpatrick said: "Today, along with many of our MP colleagues from London, we will announce our endorsement and support of Oona King to be Labour's candidate for the 2012 Mayoral elections.
"Like me they are convinced that her offer to London would represent a future where our prosperity and our incredible culture is shared and enjoyed by all; a less stressful place to live and work; and a city where in tough times communities are empowered to come together rather than drift apart.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi