East End pays tribute at Remembrance Sunday services
There are seven Remembrance Sunday services around Tower Hamlets as people join to remember those who have lost their lives in conflicts.
The traditional service in honour of those who lost their lives in wartime will be held in Poplar on Remembrance Sunday (Nov 14).
Veterans of the Poplar British Legion will march to St Leonard’s memorial on the Teviot estate for the two minutes’ silence at 11am. They will start their procession from the Poplar and Millwall British Legion Club in Acadia Street at 10.30am sharp. The march will be accompanied by the band of the 44 Air cadets from Mile End.
The two minute’s silence will be observed as the nation mourns people who were killed in conflicts around the world including two world wars.
Civic leaders will join veterans and their families as a nation stands united in grief and remembrance.
You may also want to watch:
Other services of remembrance across Tower Hamlets on Sunday (November 14) include the Merchant Navy service at 10.30am at Tower Hill, beside the war memorial at Bethnal Green Library, Cambridge Heath Road at 10.45am, at Saint John on Bethnal Green at Cambridge Heath Road also at 10.45am, HMS President, St Katharine’s Way with assembly at Trinity Gardens, at 10.30am, Christ Church, Manchester Road, Isle of Dogs at 10.45am and at the war memorial at Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park at 10.30am.
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 EFL fixture release: Leyton Orient begin new season away to Salford City