East End pub guv’nor flushed with success over his lovely loo
A PUB in London’s East End is flushed with success after winning the highest rating in a good loo’ guide. Landlord Marcus Higgins proved his Goodman’s Field boozer in Aldgate has better than bog standard’ toilets
A PUB in London’s East End is flushed with success after winning the highest rating in a good loo’ guide.
Landlord Marcus Higgins proved his Goodman’s Field boozer in Aldgate has better than bog standard’ toilets.
He scored the highest-possible rating in the Loo of the Year awards for the Wetherspoon outlet in Mansell Street, within spitting distance of the Tower of London.
“My toilets are in first-class condition at all times,” he insists. “My staff work hard on that. Now it’s been recognized by the Loo inspectors.”
You may also want to watch:
Undercover agents made unannounced visits to spend a penny at pubs up and down the country, around 1,500 pennies’ in all.
The loos were graded from one star to five against criteria such as d�cor, cleanliness, accessibility, hand-washing and drying equipment and overall management.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
They pulled the plug on any dive that didn’t meet their needs.