East End pub guv’nor flushed with success over his lovely loo
A PUB in London’s East End is flushed with success after winning the highest rating in a good loo’ guide. Landlord Marcus Higgins proved his Goodman’s Field boozer in Aldgate has better than bog standard’ toilets
A PUB in London’s East End is flushed with success after winning the highest rating in a good loo’ guide.
Landlord Marcus Higgins proved his Goodman’s Field boozer in Aldgate has better than bog standard’ toilets.
He scored the highest-possible rating in the Loo of the Year awards for the Wetherspoon outlet in Mansell Street, within spitting distance of the Tower of London.
“My toilets are in first-class condition at all times,” he insists. “My staff work hard on that. Now it’s been recognized by the Loo inspectors.”
You may also want to watch:
Undercover agents made unannounced visits to spend a penny at pubs up and down the country, around 1,500 pennies’ in all.
The loos were graded from one star to five against criteria such as d�cor, cleanliness, accessibility, hand-washing and drying equipment and overall management.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
They pulled the plug on any dive that didn’t meet their needs.