East End pub guv’nor flushed with success over his lovely loo
A PUB in London’s East End is flushed with success after winning the highest rating in a good loo’ guide. Landlord Marcus Higgins proved his Goodman’s Field boozer in Aldgate has better than bog standard’ toilets
A PUB in London’s East End is flushed with success after winning the highest rating in a good loo’ guide.
Landlord Marcus Higgins proved his Goodman’s Field boozer in Aldgate has better than bog standard’ toilets.
He scored the highest-possible rating in the Loo of the Year awards for the Wetherspoon outlet in Mansell Street, within spitting distance of the Tower of London.
“My toilets are in first-class condition at all times,” he insists. “My staff work hard on that. Now it’s been recognized by the Loo inspectors.”
You may also want to watch:
Undercover agents made unannounced visits to spend a penny at pubs up and down the country, around 1,500 pennies’ in all.
The loos were graded from one star to five against criteria such as d�cor, cleanliness, accessibility, hand-washing and drying equipment and overall management.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
They pulled the plug on any dive that didn’t meet their needs.