East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End. East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow. Council staff at Tower Hamlets have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End.
Staff at Tower Hamlets Council have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold, as the freezing winter weather intensifies this week.
Adult social care services today (Thurs) and yesterday have been out delivering meals and making home care visits through the icy conditions.
Contract Services head Michael Hales said: “My team have made sure all the elderly and most vulnerable had their meals delivered and had contact from outside through this current cold snap.”
Social workers and care workers supervised the delivery of hot meals to older people at home, working with families, neighbours and voluntary agencies to ensure those living on their own were not neglected.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021