East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End. East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow. Council staff at Tower Hamlets have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End.
Staff at Tower Hamlets Council have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold, as the freezing winter weather intensifies this week.
Adult social care services today (Thurs) and yesterday have been out delivering meals and making home care visits through the icy conditions.
Contract Services head Michael Hales said: “My team have made sure all the elderly and most vulnerable had their meals delivered and had contact from outside through this current cold snap.”
You may also want to watch:
Social workers and care workers supervised the delivery of hot meals to older people at home, working with families, neighbours and voluntary agencies to ensure those living on their own were not neglected.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay