East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End. East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow. Council staff at Tower Hamlets have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End.
Staff at Tower Hamlets Council have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold, as the freezing winter weather intensifies this week.
Adult social care services today (Thurs) and yesterday have been out delivering meals and making home care visits through the icy conditions.
Contract Services head Michael Hales said: “My team have made sure all the elderly and most vulnerable had their meals delivered and had contact from outside through this current cold snap.”
You may also want to watch:
Social workers and care workers supervised the delivery of hot meals to older people at home, working with families, neighbours and voluntary agencies to ensure those living on their own were not neglected.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park