East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End. East End’s meals-on-wheels for OAPs gets through the snow. Council staff at Tower Hamlets have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold
TOWN Hall bosses have been battling to keep meals-on-wheels going on the icy roads for pensioners and the disabled in London’s East End.
Staff at Tower Hamlets Council have been putting in extra time to make sure the most vulnerable are not left out in the cold, as the freezing winter weather intensifies this week.
Adult social care services today (Thurs) and yesterday have been out delivering meals and making home care visits through the icy conditions.
Contract Services head Michael Hales said: “My team have made sure all the elderly and most vulnerable had their meals delivered and had contact from outside through this current cold snap.”
You may also want to watch:
Social workers and care workers supervised the delivery of hot meals to older people at home, working with families, neighbours and voluntary agencies to ensure those living on their own were not neglected.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road