East End science centre to be open for half-term
FAMILIES are being given the chance to have a look around the East End s unique new science centre during the half-term holiday. The Centre of the Cell is opening its doors from Monday February 15 to Friday February 19 when families can book a slot for
FAMILIES are being given the chance to have a look around the East End's unique new science centre during the half-term holiday.
The Centre of the Cell is opening its doors from Monday February 15 to Friday February 19 when families can book a slot for a free session and enjoy the first science centre in the world to be located within working research laboratories.
And those who are not free during the day can soon visit in the evenings with the centre opening every Thursday night from February 18 between 6pm and 7.30pm.
It is based in a giant `pod' in Queen Mary University's Blizzard Building in Newark Street, Whitechapel and gives children the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
You may also want to watch:
Once inside the centre, the central 'nucleus' opens up to reveal touch-table games and kids can take part in virtual experiments, learn the importance of brushing their teeth, heal extensive burns and have their cells counted.
Visitors can book a slot by visiting www.centreofthecell.org or contacting 020 7882 2564.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust