East End science centre to be open for half-term
FAMILIES are being given the chance to have a look around the East End s unique new science centre during the half-term holiday. The Centre of the Cell is opening its doors from Monday February 15 to Friday February 19 when families can book a slot for
FAMILIES are being given the chance to have a look around the East End's unique new science centre during the half-term holiday.
The Centre of the Cell is opening its doors from Monday February 15 to Friday February 19 when families can book a slot for a free session and enjoy the first science centre in the world to be located within working research laboratories.
And those who are not free during the day can soon visit in the evenings with the centre opening every Thursday night from February 18 between 6pm and 7.30pm.
It is based in a giant `pod' in Queen Mary University's Blizzard Building in Newark Street, Whitechapel and gives children the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
You may also want to watch:
Once inside the centre, the central 'nucleus' opens up to reveal touch-table games and kids can take part in virtual experiments, learn the importance of brushing their teeth, heal extensive burns and have their cells counted.
Visitors can book a slot by visiting www.centreofthecell.org or contacting 020 7882 2564.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse