East End science centre to be open for half-term
FAMILIES are being given the chance to have a look around the East End s unique new science centre during the half-term holiday. The Centre of the Cell is opening its doors from Monday February 15 to Friday February 19 when families can book a slot for
FAMILIES are being given the chance to have a look around the East End's unique new science centre during the half-term holiday.
The Centre of the Cell is opening its doors from Monday February 15 to Friday February 19 when families can book a slot for a free session and enjoy the first science centre in the world to be located within working research laboratories.
And those who are not free during the day can soon visit in the evenings with the centre opening every Thursday night from February 18 between 6pm and 7.30pm.
It is based in a giant `pod' in Queen Mary University's Blizzard Building in Newark Street, Whitechapel and gives children the chance to learn more about the science of cells.
You may also want to watch:
Once inside the centre, the central 'nucleus' opens up to reveal touch-table games and kids can take part in virtual experiments, learn the importance of brushing their teeth, heal extensive burns and have their cells counted.
Visitors can book a slot by visiting www.centreofthecell.org or contacting 020 7882 2564.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets