East Enders can celebrate Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding with Mile End Park picnic party
Tower Hamlets will celebrate next month’s Royal wedding in style with a family picnic in Mile End Park.
To mark Prince William and Kate Middleton’s big day, the council is planning festivities on Wennington Green, at the north end of the park, with children’s rides and family entertainment.
Partygoers are encouraged to bring along their own dishes and share them with other guests as part of a true East End celebration of the Royal event on April 29. The council has also finalised measures to make it easier for East Enders to hold their own street parties, including shortening the time to process street party applications from four weeks to three.
The information on what you need to do to hold a street party in the borough can be found on one form on the council’s website - towerhamlets.gov.uk.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said; “I want to continue the East End’s tradition of street parties and ensure that people have something to celebrate, even in these tough times.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mile End party will start at 1pm.
For more information call the Council’s Arts and Events Team on 020 7364 7900.
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 10 Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays
And let the East London Advertiser know your Royal wedding plans - are you thinking of holding a street party? Get in touch via Twitter or Facebook or by posting a comment below.