East Enders get free tips from Town Hall on how to retire
A NEW scheme is being introduced in London’s East End to help people prepare for retirement. Tower Hamlets Council has been chosen as the first London local authority to try the Retire Ready’ programmes
A NEW scheme is being introduced in London’s East End to help people prepare for retirement.
Tower Hamlets Council has been chosen as the first London local authority to try the Retire Ready’ programmes after two pilots in the North of England.
The programmes, which match personal interests and circumstances with opportunities in the East End, include a two-day workshop, followed by one-to-one support over six to eight weeks.
Four programmes are planned:
You may also want to watch:
Programme-1 on June 21 and 28 at Bethnal Green’s Sundial Centre, 11 Shipton Street, from 9am to 5.30pm
Programme-2 on June 26 and July 3 at the Whitechapel Idea Store, 321 Whitechapel Road, 9am-5pm
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Programme-3 on June 29 and July 6 at Shadwell’s Sonali Gardens, 79 Tarling Street, 9am-5.30pm, and
Programme 4 on July 10 and July 17, also at Whitechapel’s Idea Store, 9am-5pm.
Those about to retire or those who have already made the leap in the past 12 months can enrol by phone on 020-3093 7539, or by email here.