East Enders get free tips from Town Hall on how to retire
A NEW scheme is being introduced in London’s East End to help people prepare for retirement. Tower Hamlets Council has been chosen as the first London local authority to try the Retire Ready’ programmes
A NEW scheme is being introduced in London’s East End to help people prepare for retirement.
Tower Hamlets Council has been chosen as the first London local authority to try the Retire Ready’ programmes after two pilots in the North of England.
The programmes, which match personal interests and circumstances with opportunities in the East End, include a two-day workshop, followed by one-to-one support over six to eight weeks.
Four programmes are planned:
You may also want to watch:
Programme-1 on June 21 and 28 at Bethnal Green’s Sundial Centre, 11 Shipton Street, from 9am to 5.30pm
Programme-2 on June 26 and July 3 at the Whitechapel Idea Store, 321 Whitechapel Road, 9am-5pm
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Programme-3 on June 29 and July 6 at Shadwell’s Sonali Gardens, 79 Tarling Street, 9am-5.30pm, and
Programme 4 on July 10 and July 17, also at Whitechapel’s Idea Store, 9am-5pm.
Those about to retire or those who have already made the leap in the past 12 months can enrol by phone on 020-3093 7539, or by email here.