East Enders get free tips from Town Hall on how to retire
A NEW scheme is being introduced in London’s East End to help people prepare for retirement. Tower Hamlets Council has been chosen as the first London local authority to try the Retire Ready’ programmes
A NEW scheme is being introduced in London’s East End to help people prepare for retirement.
Tower Hamlets Council has been chosen as the first London local authority to try the Retire Ready’ programmes after two pilots in the North of England.
The programmes, which match personal interests and circumstances with opportunities in the East End, include a two-day workshop, followed by one-to-one support over six to eight weeks.
Four programmes are planned:
You may also want to watch:
Programme-1 on June 21 and 28 at Bethnal Green’s Sundial Centre, 11 Shipton Street, from 9am to 5.30pm
Programme-2 on June 26 and July 3 at the Whitechapel Idea Store, 321 Whitechapel Road, 9am-5pm
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
Programme-3 on June 29 and July 6 at Shadwell’s Sonali Gardens, 79 Tarling Street, 9am-5.30pm, and
Programme 4 on July 10 and July 17, also at Whitechapel’s Idea Store, 9am-5pm.
Those about to retire or those who have already made the leap in the past 12 months can enrol by phone on 020-3093 7539, or by email here.