East Enders to star in poster campaign about the dangers of texting while driving
KIDS and young people can highlight the deadly dangers of texting whilst driving by starring in a hard hitting poster campaign. The posters will illustrate that drivers are 23 times more likely to crash, and potentially kill someone, if they text behind
KIDS and young people can highlight the deadly dangers of texting whilst driving by starring in a hard hitting poster campaign.
The posters will illustrate that drivers are 23 times more likely to crash, and potentially kill someone, if they text behind the wheel.
Tower Hamlets council is calling on parents and young adults to submit pictures of their children or themselves to appear in the campaign.
They are looking for a young girl between the ages of six and nine who can ride a bicycle, a boy between the ages of nine and 12 who can play keepy-uppy with a football and a woman between the ages of 18 and 24 who can play the part of a young mum.
As well as starring in the campaign, the winning applicants will be able to find out how an advertisement is put together, right through from the photo shoot and retouching to the printing and supply of the ads.
To submit a photo for casting, email James Drummond at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to James Drummond, AMV BBDO, 151 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5QE.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 9 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed
Applicants should include a contact name and telephone number along with their age and address. The closing date is Wednesday 4 August and short list applicants will be called back for a face to face casting session.
Winners must be available to take part in a photo shoot for one day between August 9 and 16.