Two roads in Tower Hamlets are among the most dangerous in London for motorcyclists
- Credit: Archant
Two roads in Tower Hamlets are among the most dangerous for motorcyclists in London, a report released by an insurance company claims.
According to Swinton Insurance, East India Dock Road (A13) and the A11 between Whitechapel High Street and Bow Road, are the second and fourth, respectively, most dangerous.
The reports states there are 40 motorbike accidents per 100,000 people in London with men being 91 per cent more likely to be in a crash.
Swinton Insurance have launched a campaign with road safety charity IAM RoadSmart to raise motorcycle safety
Rodney Kumar, from IAM RoadSmart, said: “We often find that while drivers and motorcyclists strive to be as safe as possible, some find it a challenge to understand exactly how to do so.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why it’s so important to offer useful and easily digestible information on how to be a safer biker.”
The A23 in Lambeth was named as the most dangerous road for motorcyclists in London.
For safety information visit swinton.co.uk/spotlight/motorbiking/road-safety/national/.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges