East London braces itself for more snow
With weather forecasters predicting more ice and snow on the way the East End has already enjoyed a dusting of snow
The Met Office is predicting that it will be very cold and icy tonight and there’s likely to be more snow on the way tomorrow.
With ice remaining on untreated pavements and roads pedestrians and motorists are advised to take extra care. Workers like this at All Saints DLR station pictured today are likely to be kept busy clearing the platforms.
It’s predicted to be a very cold night with minimum temperatures plummeting as low as minus 5 degrees.
And the Met Office says to could be a good day for making snow sculptures tomorrow as there are likely to be some outbreaks of snow, perhaps heavy at times, spreading in during in the morning and lasting into the afternoon on one of the busiest shopping days before Christmas.
They advise wrapping up warm as the mercury is only likely to rise as far as 2 degrees C.
We’d like to see your snow pictures, please send them to email@example.com
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
- 10 Orient have to settle for point against Port Vale