East London braces itself for more snow
With weather forecasters predicting more ice and snow on the way the East End has already enjoyed a dusting of snow
The Met Office is predicting that it will be very cold and icy tonight and there’s likely to be more snow on the way tomorrow.
With ice remaining on untreated pavements and roads pedestrians and motorists are advised to take extra care. Workers like this at All Saints DLR station pictured today are likely to be kept busy clearing the platforms.
It’s predicted to be a very cold night with minimum temperatures plummeting as low as minus 5 degrees.
And the Met Office says to could be a good day for making snow sculptures tomorrow as there are likely to be some outbreaks of snow, perhaps heavy at times, spreading in during in the morning and lasting into the afternoon on one of the busiest shopping days before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
They advise wrapping up warm as the mercury is only likely to rise as far as 2 degrees C.
We’d like to see your snow pictures, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt