East London braces itself for more snow
With weather forecasters predicting more ice and snow on the way the East End has already enjoyed a dusting of snow
The Met Office is predicting that it will be very cold and icy tonight and there’s likely to be more snow on the way tomorrow.
With ice remaining on untreated pavements and roads pedestrians and motorists are advised to take extra care. Workers like this at All Saints DLR station pictured today are likely to be kept busy clearing the platforms.
It’s predicted to be a very cold night with minimum temperatures plummeting as low as minus 5 degrees.
And the Met Office says to could be a good day for making snow sculptures tomorrow as there are likely to be some outbreaks of snow, perhaps heavy at times, spreading in during in the morning and lasting into the afternoon on one of the busiest shopping days before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
They advise wrapping up warm as the mercury is only likely to rise as far as 2 degrees C.
We’d like to see your snow pictures, please send them to email@example.com
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney