East London braces itself for more snow
With weather forecasters predicting more ice and snow on the way the East End has already enjoyed a dusting of snow
The Met Office is predicting that it will be very cold and icy tonight and there’s likely to be more snow on the way tomorrow.
With ice remaining on untreated pavements and roads pedestrians and motorists are advised to take extra care. Workers like this at All Saints DLR station pictured today are likely to be kept busy clearing the platforms.
It’s predicted to be a very cold night with minimum temperatures plummeting as low as minus 5 degrees.
And the Met Office says to could be a good day for making snow sculptures tomorrow as there are likely to be some outbreaks of snow, perhaps heavy at times, spreading in during in the morning and lasting into the afternoon on one of the busiest shopping days before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
They advise wrapping up warm as the mercury is only likely to rise as far as 2 degrees C.
We’d like to see your snow pictures, please send them to email@example.com
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 5 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 6 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge