East London bus strike planned next week
ANOTHER bus strike is being planned by drivers across East London next week in a row over pay in the run up to Christmas. Tens of thousands of commuters are set to be affected by the 24-hour strike due to start at 3am next Wednesday.
ANOTHER bus strike is being planned by drivers across East London next week in a row over pay in the run up to Christmas.
Tens of thousands of commuters are set to be affected by the 24-hour strike due to start at 3am next Wednesday.
The Unite union already staged a 24 hour and a 48 hour strike last month after the East London Bus Group imposed a pay freeze on drivers pay.
Talks between the union and bus company are due to take place at the weekend to try to prevent the strike.
You may also want to watch:
Garages in Bow, Leyton, Romford, Upton Park and West Ham and Barking are set to take part in the industrial action.
Bus routes likely to be affected are:
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
D3, 5, 8, 15 (including Heritage Route 15), 25, 26, 30, 48, 55, 56, 62, 69, 86, 97, 101, 103, 104, 106, 115, 145, 147, 158, 169, 175, 205, 230, 238, 241, 247, 257, 262, 276, 277, 287, 294, 296, 300, 325, 330, 366, 369, 376, 387, 396, 473, 496, 608, 647, 674, 678, 687, N8, N15, N26, N55, N86 and N550.