East London Cop arrested on suspicion of misusing police data’
A POLICE community support officer has been arrested in East London on suspicion of misuse of police information. He is in his 20s and stationed in an East London borough
A POLICE community support officer has been arrested in East London on suspicion of misuse of police information.
His arrest follows an investigation by the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards which began “proactive inquiries” in June. The investigation was referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Det Ins Tony Seery said: “We take any allegation that an officer or member of staff has behaved inappropriately seriously.
“The Met is committed to ensuring that the small minority who do not meet the standards expected are identified and appropriate action taken.”
You may also want to watch:
The officer who was arrested yesterday is in his 20s and is stationed in an East London borough, Scotland Yard confirmed last night. He has been bailed to return to an East London police station on December 11.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?