East London Cop arrested on suspicion of misusing police data’
A POLICE community support officer has been arrested in East London on suspicion of misuse of police information. He is in his 20s and stationed in an East London borough
A POLICE community support officer has been arrested in East London on suspicion of misuse of police information.
His arrest follows an investigation by the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards which began “proactive inquiries” in June. The investigation was referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Det Ins Tony Seery said: “We take any allegation that an officer or member of staff has behaved inappropriately seriously.
“The Met is committed to ensuring that the small minority who do not meet the standards expected are identified and appropriate action taken.”
You may also want to watch:
The officer who was arrested yesterday is in his 20s and is stationed in an East London borough, Scotland Yard confirmed last night. He has been bailed to return to an East London police station on December 11.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council