East London Cop arrested on suspicion of misusing police data’
A POLICE community support officer has been arrested in East London on suspicion of misuse of police information. He is in his 20s and stationed in an East London borough
A POLICE community support officer has been arrested in East London on suspicion of misuse of police information.
His arrest follows an investigation by the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards which began “proactive inquiries” in June. The investigation was referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Det Ins Tony Seery said: “We take any allegation that an officer or member of staff has behaved inappropriately seriously.
“The Met is committed to ensuring that the small minority who do not meet the standards expected are identified and appropriate action taken.”
You may also want to watch:
The officer who was arrested yesterday is in his 20s and is stationed in an East London borough, Scotland Yard confirmed last night. He has been bailed to return to an East London police station on December 11.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'