East London law students set up free people’s legal advice clinic
LAW students have opened a free legal advice in centre in East London. The students from the University of East London’s Law School have set up their Pro Bono clinic at Duncan House on the Stratford campus
LAW students have opened a free legal advice in centre in East London.
They have come up with a scheme to help the community by offering advice on issues such as landlord and tenant disputes, employment issues, consumer transactions, contract disputes and social security.
The students from the University of East London’s Law School have set up their Pro Bono law clinic at Duncan House on the Stratford campus.
“The law clinic is a great way for students to gain practical experience under supervision,” said lecturer Justin Pierce. “It’s vital in today’s competitive job market for law students to get realistic overall experience before they graduate.”
The student lawyers’ are giving advice to families in East London often from socially excluded’ communities who may not be able to afford it.
They volunteer their hours under supervision of qualified and experienced lawyers from a nearby East London practice, Trinity Solicitors, which has agreed to oversee the clinic with their legal experts.
You may also want to watch:
The Law Clinic is at Duncan House in Stratford High Street, telephone 020-8223 4048.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs