EastEnders’ Roxy appeals for adventurers to raise money for deaf charity
EASTENDERS star Rita Simons is calling on adventurous people to sign up for RNID’s Great Wall of China trek and raise funds for the charity’s work for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Mum-of-two Rita, who plays Roxy Mitchell in the hit BBC soap, is a passionate supporter of RNID as her four-year-old daughter Maiya is deaf and wears hearing aids to help enhance her hearing.
The actress has now called on kind-hearted East Enders to sign up to the RNID’s challenge-of-a-lifetime while raising money for a cause close to her heart.
Rita said: “By the time we reach 50, over 40 per cent of us will experience some level of hearing loss, which happens naturally as we get older but it is also something which affects younger people too.
“By signing up for RNID’s Great Wall of China trek you’ll not only have an adventure of a lifetime but you’ll also be taking steps to raise vital funds for RNID’s campaigning work and range of services around the country.”
Prospective fundraisers can claim a place in RNID’s team for the October 8-16 event by paying a registration fee of �250 and raising a minimum of �2,600.
To register for a place, which are available on a first come, first served basis, contact 0845 634 0687 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'