EastEnders’ Roxy appeals for adventurers to raise money for deaf charity
EASTENDERS star Rita Simons is calling on adventurous people to sign up for RNID’s Great Wall of China trek and raise funds for the charity’s work for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Mum-of-two Rita, who plays Roxy Mitchell in the hit BBC soap, is a passionate supporter of RNID as her four-year-old daughter Maiya is deaf and wears hearing aids to help enhance her hearing.
The actress has now called on kind-hearted East Enders to sign up to the RNID’s challenge-of-a-lifetime while raising money for a cause close to her heart.
Rita said: “By the time we reach 50, over 40 per cent of us will experience some level of hearing loss, which happens naturally as we get older but it is also something which affects younger people too.
“By signing up for RNID’s Great Wall of China trek you’ll not only have an adventure of a lifetime but you’ll also be taking steps to raise vital funds for RNID’s campaigning work and range of services around the country.”
You may also want to watch:
Prospective fundraisers can claim a place in RNID’s team for the October 8-16 event by paying a registration fee of �250 and raising a minimum of �2,600.
To register for a place, which are available on a first come, first served basis, contact 0845 634 0687 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park