Eco protesters Plane Stupid hold mock celebration as BA's new route is launched at City Airport
A group of environmental activists posing as City yuppies will be holding a mock celebration at London City Airport today to coincide with the launch of British Airways new business-only service to New York. The yuppies will be urging BA to continue
A group of environmental activists posing as City yuppies will be holding a mock celebration at London City Airport today to coincide with the launch of British Airways new business-only service to New York.
The 'yuppies' will be urging BA to continue to 'pollute the poor for profit'.
The protesters from the group Plane Stupid will be holding up banners at the launch of the new route proclaiming 'We love carbon emissions' and 'global warming is cool'.
They also plan to make a lot of noise using whistles, drums and horns as the airline launches its new service.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be dressed in braces and bling to mark their protest at the airport.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided