Eco protesters Plane Stupid hold mock celebration as BA's new route is launched at City Airport
A group of environmental activists posing as City yuppies will be holding a mock celebration at London City Airport today to coincide with the launch of British Airways new business-only service to New York. The yuppies will be urging BA to continue
A group of environmental activists posing as City yuppies will be holding a mock celebration at London City Airport today to coincide with the launch of British Airways new business-only service to New York.
The 'yuppies' will be urging BA to continue to 'pollute the poor for profit'.
The protesters from the group Plane Stupid will be holding up banners at the launch of the new route proclaiming 'We love carbon emissions' and 'global warming is cool'.
They also plan to make a lot of noise using whistles, drums and horns as the airline launches its new service.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be dressed in braces and bling to mark their protest at the airport.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant